Wedding Venue Checklist
Still trying to decide whether or not a particular venue is the one for you? This checklist is made up of important factors to consider that will hopefully make your decision a whole lot easier!
- Do you have a specific date in mind and if so, is it available?
- Does the venue offer a discount if you choose a date that lands during the “off-season”?
- Is the venue offering you a discount if you are not planning on getting married on a Saturday?
- Are the majority of your guests able to travel long distances if you decide on a non-local venue?
- Does the venue work closely with nearby hotels that offer group rates?
- Does your budget allow to financially assist the really important guests who simply cannot afford to travel to your wedding?
- Will it accommodate all of your guests?
- Are there any renovations planned around the date of your wedding?
- Does it make you and your future husband/wife smile from ear to ear?
- Is there an alternate ceremony space (if needed) in case there is a weather conflict?
- Is it a “One event” per day venue?
- Does it offer a Coordinator?
- Do they allow outside catering in case you do not like their food selection?
- Should you decide on using their caterer, do they offer a vegetarian and/or vegan option?
- What does the caterer include?
- Can you and your partner take part in a complimentary food tasting?
- Are there any extra charges for the serving staff?
- What decor is provided and part of your selected package?
- Are you allowed to pin-up decor in certain locations?
- Is there an extra charge to have the venue staff set up decorations?
- Does the venue allow candles and/or sparklers?
- How early can your vendors show up to decorate?
- Who is in charge of clean-up?
A few extras
- Is the venue insured?
- What is the cancellation policy ?
- What is the retainer fee if any?
- How soon does the Special Events Coordinator respond to your emails/phone calls?
HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK!!